We had our annual Christmas movie night and Hot Chocolate bar on Sunday. Despite laying out tons of snacks and making it all look pretty, I didn’t snap a single picture…because Chuck dragged me down to the Seattle Sunday and we didn’t get home until an hour after we told our kids the event would begin. Some people would tell me not to complain since the trip to Seattle was to buy my dream car…
…PS, any guesses what it is???
But, hey, this is my blog and I can while if I want to.
So, instead of sharing pictures of our bagel bar on Christmas movie night, I will share photos from when I assembled avbagel charcuterie board a few weeks ago.
Seriously, the only thing better than a fresh bagel (and the Bagelry makes the BEST) is a fresh bagel with all the toppings and some fresh fruit and veggies on the side.
Bagel Charcuterie Boards Are Easy to Make Ahead
This year, I have refined our holiday traditions and planned delicious, fun, and easy meals that I can make ahead. For our Christmas cookie decorating I made a few sandwich platters and veggie trays. For Christmas movie night, it was a bagel bar.
It is easy to make a bagel charcuterie board ahead of time. The flavored cream cheese can be made ahead, the fruits and veggies and prepped, and the bagels sliced. Then, when party times, all that is left is to assemble the board. And that is the fun part anyway.
How to Make Amazing Flavored Cream Cheese
- Buy the whipped cream cheese…it will make it easier to add flavorings and mix them.
- Be creative…anything goes with flavored cream cheese.
- You don’t really need a recipe… your imagination is the limit.
But, for those of you who need recipes, here is how I made our flavored cream cheese.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Recipe
I made pineapple cream cheese by combining 8 ounces of whipped cream cheese with 1/4 cup of crushed, canned, pineapple.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Recipe
I made chocolate cream cheese by combining 8 ounces of whipped cream cheese, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips. Feel free to adjust the amounts of cocoa powder and sugar to satisfy your own taste.
Jalepeno Olive Cream Cheese Recipe
This is one of our favorite flavored cream cheese recipes. I combined 8 ounces whipped cream cheese, 1/4 cup chopped, tamed jalapenos and 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives. This is a flavorful and savory cream cheese that we love.
How to Assemble Your Bagel Charcuterie Board
- Prep all of your fruits and veggies, pre-slice your bagels and mix up your cream cheese flavors.
- Add toppings to small bowls.
- Start by adding fruits and veggies to the center of your board.
- Add bowls of toppings around.
- Fill in any empty spaces with more fruits/veggies/toppings.
- Place your bowls of cream cheese and bagels around the edge of your board.
Ideas for Your Bagel Charcuterie Board
- A variety of flavored cream cheeses
- A variety of bagels
- Fresh fruit
- Fresh veggies
- Nuts & seeds
- Dried fruits
- Mini chocolate chips