8 Ways I’m Rocking Motherhood This Week
1. I washed the same load of clothes three times. Not because I was bored. Not because I’m competing in the Cleanest Clothes Ever Competition. Not because I forgot about them or because there was mold in the laundry basket. Nope, I washed them three times because the first time everything came out an exciting shade of Barney purple. I like purple well enough, but my boys aren’t really that into wearing purple jeans and purple camo pants.
The best part? I never did find the Purple Perpetrator, so every load of laundry is now filled with anticipation! Will our clothes be purple??? Which is awesome, because with only eight kids at home these days, life is pretty dull.
2. I read the Double Down, the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid book. Have you read any of these? We own them all and now Apollo is making me read it out loud to him before bed. Somehow he got it in his mind that bedtimes stories are a right of passage.
3. My business is being highlighted on the Birth Photographers Facebook page all week, which is a huge honor! I’d love it if you went and left a nice comment on one my photos.
4. Mordecai’s new favorite spot to hang out is Fodo’s crate.…The day I bought this larger crate I came home from picking the younger kids up at school to find this. Yup, Mordecai climbed right in the kennel with his Cheerios (one of the few foods he eats theses days). Later he covered the top and sides with rugs for a more “cozy” feel. Never underestimate a kid’s ability to find a way to satisfy his sensory needs.
5. I voted. Except I didn’t really because our state does mail-in voting only, so I actually voted last week.
6. I am making plans for next week when this guy gets his g-tube removed. I am thinking an evening of cuddling on the couch with movies and pizza…
7. I suffer from chronic sleep deprivation. I can never have enough sleep. Ever. And just yesterday? I sent my first born child an email and signed in “Renee”. Nothing quite says, “I love and care about you even when you live half a world away” like closing an email by letting your child know you prefer she call you by your first name. None of this sappy, “love, Mom” stuff for MY kids.
8. I am slightly obsessed with two of Rhett and Link’s new songs. So Dang Dark (I’m not afraid of the dark I’m afraid of what’s in the dark…) and BFF Song (any song that includes the words “inferior temporal gyrus” deserves recognition, don’t you agree?) You really need to watch them both. A dozen times.
How are you rocking motherhood this week?